Kinston, North Carolina CDL Truck Driver Hiring Event
Saturday, March 5, 2022 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Hiring Event Details
What to expect at the hiring event?
- Only candidates who have submitted an RSVP to attend the hiring event via the below link will be granted entry into the facility.
- Upon arrival at Sanderson Farms’ facility, job seekers will check-in at the gate.
- Candidates will then be directed to a designated parking spot.
- Candidates will proceed inside the facility to
the receptionist, where their temperature will be screened. A face mask will be
provided to all individuals.
- Social distancing and indoor gathering regulations will be followed. Please bring a valid photo identification with you.
- Applicants will then participate in an information session for truck drivers.
- All individuals will exit the property immediately upon conclusion of the hiring process.
Sanderson Farms is committed to keeping a safe environment during our hiring events, including following all local guidelines for social distancing. Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout hiring events and the company will be performing anti-viral cleaning. In an effort to keep yourself and others safe by preventing the spread of COVID-19, please do not attend a hiring event if you are experiencing symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath.
Feed Mill Truck Driver
$20.32 per hour while within training. Then after training, driver will receive load mile pay.
Sanderson Farms drivers receive excellent safety bonuses, have local routes and are home each day. The company offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k savings plan and an employee stock ownership plan.
Shifts are approximately twelve hours in length with employees working Monday-Friday with occasional work on Saturdays. First shift begins at 4 p.m., second shift begins at 5 p.m. and third shift begins at 6 p.m.
Have a current valid commercial driver’s license (Class A CDL) with required endorsements.
Maintain compliance with all DOT Regulations.
Conform to the Sanderson Farms MVR Policy.
Able and willing to follow detailed instructions, maps, and routes.
Be adaptive to night work on a rotating shift basis.
Able and willing to work long and irregular hours.
Able and willing to work in cold, hot, dusty, and noisy conditions.
Able and willing to work in inclement weather conditions.
Complete daily driver log and conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections as required.
Complete and submit all
required DOT forms and daily load paperwork to Supervisor.
Report all vehicle discrepancies to Supervisor.
Able to lift 100 pounds.
Able and willing to work while bending at the waist, kneeling, and other strenuous positions.
Other duties as assigned.
In addition to meeting the basic qualifications for new employees, the employee must also meet the following requirements:
- Must have at least one (1) year of verifiable driving experience with similar equipment requiring Class “A” CDL (tractor-semi trailer) OR a certificate showing completion of class A CDL truck driving school.
- Exhibit stable employment record.
- Provide employment information for the past ten (10) years, no gaps.
- Have no DWI/DUI’s in the last five (5) years.
- No Current License Suspensions.
- No Speeding violations on MVR in excess of 14 mph over posted limits.
- No more than three (3) moving violations in the past three (3) years on MVR.
- No avoidable accidents in the past three (3) years as evidenced by MVR.
- Be residence of NC with NC CDL License.
- Be registered with the FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse. (https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/)
- Complete a General Consent Form for Clearinghouse.