Lumberton, North Carolina CDL Truck Driver Hiring Event
Saturday, April 9, 2022 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
What to expect at the hiring event?
- Only candidates who have submitted an RSVP to attend the hiring event via the below link will be granted entry into the facility.
- Upon arrival at Sanderson Farms’ facility, job seekers will check-in at the gate.
- Candidates will then be directed to a designated parking spot.
- Candidates will proceed inside the facility to the receptionist.
- Please bring a valid photo identification with you.
- Applicants will then participate in an information session for truck drivers.
- All individuals will exit the property immediately upon conclusion of the hiring process.
Sanderson Farms is committed to keeping a safe environment during our hiring events, including following all local guidelines for social distancing. Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout hiring events and the company will be performing anti-viral cleaning. In an effort to keep yourself and others safe by preventing the spread of COVID-19, please do not attend a hiring event if you are experiencing symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath.
Live Haul Truck Driver
$20.32 per hour while within training. Then after training, driver will receive load mile pay.
Sanderson Farms drivers receive excellent safety bonuses, have local routes and are home each day. The company offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k savings plan and an employee stock ownership plan.
Shifts are range between ten and twelve hours in length with employees working Monday-Friday with occasional work on Saturdays. St. Pauls Production is hiring for night shift which begins between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Calls Live Haul office daily to obtain scheduled instructions for loading time and destinations for live poultry pick-up and delivery.
- Inspects live haul vehicles and equipment for proper and safe performance before departure to scheduled destinations; reports defects immediately to proper persons.
- Notifies designated persons in the event of on-the-road vehicle accidents or failures, and remains with vehicle until corrective measures are made; obtains necessary information in the event of an accident.
- Follows the instructions of supervisory personnel at any destination, of how and where to arrange vehicle and coops for loading and hauling.
- Obtains a completed load record from Catching Foreman before departure from farm.
- Operates vehicle in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Performs other duties as directs by supervisor.
In addition to meeting the basic qualifications for new employees, the employee must also meet the following requirements:
- 2 years of driving experience with CDL
- 10 years of verifiable experience
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds
- Must be able to work in harsh weather conditions and in dusty conditions.
- Must be adaptive to night work and long, irregular hours.