St. Pauls, North Carolina Registered Nurse Hiring Event
Thursday, April 14, 2022 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Registered Nurse Hiring Event Details
What to expect at the hiring event?
- Only candidates who have submitted an RSVP to attend the hiring event via the below link will be granted entry into the facility.
- Upon arrival at Sanderson Farms’ facility, job seekers will check-in at the gate.
- Candidates will then be directed to a designated parking spot.
- If the candidate has not already applied for a position with Sanderson Farms online, they will be instructed to do so from the vehicle using their smart phone. If you do not have a mobile device, on-site computers will be available to complete an application.
- After check-in and online application are complete, candidates will proceed inside the facility to the receptionist.
- Please bring a valid photo identification with you.
- Applicants will then have drug and physical screenings conducted.
- If applicants pass drug and physical screenings, a background check will be conducted.
- If candidates’ background check is approved, they will be scheduled for orientation.
- All individuals will exit the property immediately upon conclusion of the hiring process.
The company offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k savings plan and an employee stock ownership plan.
Sanderson Farms is committed to keeping a safe environment during our hiring events. In an effort to keep yourself and others safe by preventing the spread of COVID-19, please do not attend a hiring event if you are experiencing symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath.
Sanderson Farms is currently hiring full-time salaried registered nurses on first and second shift. RN license and three years’ nursing experience required in hospital or industrial setting. First shift is from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. and second shift is from 5 p.m. until 2 a.m. with employees working Monday – Friday with occasional work on Saturdays.
- Administers medical treatment and assistance to all employees for occupational and non-occupational illnesses and injuries in the area
- Provides for and/or assists in such areas as: pre-employment screenings, new hire physicals, insurance claims (group and worker’s compensation), company benefits, hazard communication, weekly, monthly and yearly reports related to safety and health matters, and maintains all necessary medical records, and OSHA Logs
- Maintains individual and daily logs of employee visits, including nature of injury or illness, department, treatment administered, and time
- Maintains Hearing Conservation Program to meet OSHA standards, to include baseline and annual audiograms, recordkeeping, issuing hearing protection, and explaining programs to employees
- Orders medical supplies
- Completes required paperwork on all Worker’s Compensation and OSHA recordable accidents
- Works with Sanderson’s Claims Supervisor and the insurance company’s adjuster to administrate employee worker’s compensation claims
- Serves on the Safety Committee and suggests topics for safety training, reporting any violation of safety rules and unsafe acts
- Conducts in-plant safety inspections and reports findings
- Performs any other work as directed by the Field Employee Relations Manager and/or Division Manager
- License is required and must be active
- Licensure by state as RN
- Three (3) years nursing experience in hospital or industrial setting
- Identifies with the values, philosophy, and mission of Sanderson Farms, Inc.
- Ability to evaluate and treat injuries and illnesses
- Skill in observing people and their behavior, and able to work under stressful situations
- Good knowledge and ability in occupational nursing
- Good knowledge of insurance claims procedure
- Must be willing to be flexible with hours.