Tyler, Texas Hiring Event
Thursday, April 14, 2022 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
What to expect at the hiring event?
- Upon arrival at Rose Heights Church, job seekers will check-in.
- If the candidate has not already applied for a position with Sanderson Farms online, they will be instructed to do so using their smart phone. If you do not have a mobile device, onsite computers will be available to complete an application.
- Please bring a valid photo identification with you.
- Applicants will have their temperature screened.
- Candidates will proceed through the hiring event with a background check, interview, physical and drug screening, as well as a COVID-19 test. Social distancing and indoor and outdoor gathering regulations will be followed.
- If your background check is approved, an interview will be conducted.
- If a job offer is made, you will proceed through pre-employment drug and physical screenings, as well as COVID-19 testing.
- Upon successful completion of the pre-employment screenings, you will be scheduled for orientation at a later date and time.
- All individuals will exit the property immediately upon conclusion of the hiring process.
Entry-level employees begin earning $16.70 per hour on first shift with pay increasing to $18.20 per hour on second and third shifts. The company offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k savings plan and an employee stock ownership plan.
Sanderson Farms is committed to keeping a safe environment during our hiring events, including following all local guidelines for social distancing. Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout hiring events and the company will be performing anti-viral cleaning. In an effort to keep yourself and others safe by preventing the spread of COVID-19, please do not attend a hiring event if you are experiencing symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath.
$16.70 per hour
Entry-level employees begin earning $16.70 per hour on first shift with pay increasing to $18.20 per hour on second and third shifts.
Line Operator open positions are available on first and second shift. Shift times vary based on the area of the facility in which employees work. On first shift, employees working in first processing begin work at 4:45 a.m., employees working in second processing begin work at 7:15 a.m. and employees working on third processing will work varied hours. On second shift, employees working in first processing begin work at 1:30 p.m., employees working in second processing begin work at 4:15 p.m. and employees working on third processing will work varied hours. Shifts are approximately eight hours in length with employees working Monday – Friday with occasional work on Saturdays.
- To work in a fast paced, repetitive motion production area by preparing the product to a sellable form
- May require the use of knives and/or scissors
- Satisfactory attendance and job performance must be maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisor
In addition to meeting the basic qualifications for new employees, the employee must also meet the following requirements:
- Able to work in various temperatures ranging from warm humid conditions to cold environments of 32 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit
- Able to work in wet, moist conditions
- Able to grasp, reach, push and pull
- Able to lift 10 lbs., and occasionally 40 lbs. or more, utilizing proper lifting techniques
- Able to work in a noisy environment
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Tolerate exposure to chemicals within OSHA limits
- May be required to work long hours, holidays or weekends