- 5 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup extra long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 lemon, cut into thick slices
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture. Discard any remaining flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet.
- Cook chicken over medium heat 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings.
- Add onion and celery. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add the water, the uncooked rice, ginger, the ¼ teaspoon salt, allspice and turmeric. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is to an internal temperature of 190°F.
- Top with lemon slices for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Sprinkle parsley over chicken mixture and serve.
- 10 Sanderson Farms® Drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup pineapple preserves
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- To season drumsticks, pull skin back and season with 1 teaspoon seasoned salt. Place skin back over the drumsticks. Coat with olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- To make the glaze, combine pineapple preserves, pineapple juice, Sriracha sauce and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until glaze is smooth. Pour glaze into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Turn heat off and cool.
- Heat grill to medium-high. If using charcoal, make sure the coals are placed so there is a cool side of the grill.
- Place chicken on the grill. Grill for 6 minutes or until you have a good sear on all sides. Lower heat to medium, or if using charcoal, move the chicken to the cooler side of the grill. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover, turn drumsticks and cover again. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. Drumsticks should be 180°F or until the juices run clear.
- Brush glaze onto chicken before removing from the grill.
- 6 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons adobo all purpose seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cooked Spanish rice (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Push chicken skins back gently. Cut small slits through chicken meat with knife. Season chicken meat. Push chicken skins back over meat. Season the skins.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken legs. Pat oil gently to spread over skins.
- Place chicken drumsticks on an oiled rack on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated 450°F oven 40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 190°F.
- Serve over cooked Spanish rice.