Enjoy a bit of the deep South with this traditional favorite, Barbecue Chicken.
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon lemon pepper
1¼ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
½ tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
¾ cup barbecue sauce
½ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Season chicken with salt and lemon pepper.
3. Place chicken in a lightly greased 9.5 x 13.5 x 2-inch (3-quart) baking pan.
4. Bake, covered, in preheated 400°F oven 45 minutes, draining the accumulated juices as needed.
5. In the meantime, combine Worcestershire sauce, mustard, barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup in a 3-quart saucepan.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
7. After baking the chicken 45 minutes, uncover it and baste with barbecue sauce.
8. Continue to bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 190°F. Baste chicken with barbecue sauce every 15 to 20 minutes.