Sweet Citrus-Glazed Chicken
Sweet and savory. Turn ordinary chicken quarters into a zesty meal the whole family will enjoy. Marinate your chicken with the sweet-tangy sauce and serve it up over cooked couscous and green beans to complete your meal.
4 Sanderson Farms®Chicken Leg Quarters
1½ cups orange juice, divided
3 Tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons grated orange zest, divided
4 teaspoons salt, divided
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
cooked couscous (serving suggestion)
cooked green beans (serving suggestion)
lemon, lime and orange zests for garnish
1. In a small bowl, combine ½ cup orange juice, rice vinegar, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 2 Tablespoons orange zest and 2 teaspoons salt.
2. Combine chicken and marinade in a sealable plastic bag. Seal and refrigerate 1½ hours, turning occasionally.
3. Preheat oven to 425°F.
4. Remove chicken from marinade and place on an oiled rack on a small baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
5. Bake, covered, in preheated 425°F oven 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
7. While chicken bakes, combine 1 cup orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, 1 Tablespoon orange zest, 2 teaspoons salt, black pepper and 4 teaspoons olive oil in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes to make a glaze.
8. After baking chicken 1 hour, brush chicken with glaze and cook an additional 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 190°F.
9. Serve with cooked couscous and green beans. Garnish chicken with lemon, lime and orange zests.
10. TIP: Garnish your plate with something colorful like lemon, lime or orange zest to step it up a notch. You're minutes away from turning your Sweet Citrus Glazed Chicken into a photo-worthy meal your guests will never forget.