Chicken with Sweet Peppers
Mix things up with this savory meal that is easy to make.
1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1 onion, chopped into 1" dices
4 carrots, peeled and sliced into ½" slices
2 large red potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (16-ounce) jar sweet cherry peppers with their liquid
cooked egg noodles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
3. Lightly grease a 10 x 15-inch (4-quart) baking dish.
4. Arrange onions, carrots and potatoes in baking dish.
5. Season vegetables with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
6. Heat oil over medium heat in a 12-inch skillet.
7. Add chicken and brown 3½ minutes per side in two batches.
8. Remove chicken from skillet and place over vegetables in baking dish.
9. Drain oil off skillet.
10. Add sweet peppers and their liquid to skillet and cook 2 minutes scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet.
11. Pour peppers and liquid over chicken.
12. Bake, covered, in preheated 425°F oven 30 minutes.
13. Uncover and bake an additional hour or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 190°F and vegetables are tender.
14. Serve over egg noodles.