Paneed Chicken Breast and Vegetable Salad
Need a quick recipe for two? Try this 30-minute panéed (pan-fried) chicken recipe infused with a rich vegetable salsa – a colorful dish when you need one.
1 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create two chicken breast fillets
1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 cup ¼" diced zucchini
1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
1/8 cup ¼" diced onion
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
2 Tablespoons drained capers
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup panko Japanese-style bread crumbs
1 cup bread crumbs
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Whisk the sherry vinegar, red wine vinegar and olive oil in a medium bowl.
2. Add the zucchini, red bell peppers, onion, cilantro, capers and lemon zest to the bowl. Toss the vegetables with a spoon to combine with the vinegar mixture. Set the vegetable salsa aside.
3. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
4. Mix both bread crumbs together in a shallow pan.
5. Dredge both sides of chicken with bread crumb mixture.
6. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
7. Add chicken to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
8. Serve chicken topped with vegetable salsa.