Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sliders
These family friendly sandwiches may be small but their flavor is huge. Ready in just 40 minutes and feeding 6 people, they are the perfect dinner for the whole family.
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups coleslaw mix
1/4 cup coleslaw dressing
12 sweet pickle slices
12 slider buns
1. To the inner pot of an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®), add barbecue sauce, orange juice, lemon pepper seasoning, dark brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
2. Add chicken to sauce mixture. Place inner pot into the cooker base. Secure lid on top. Turn steam valve handle to the “sealing” position.
3. Use the “pressure cook” function and set for 10 minutes.
4. Once the timer ends, turn the steam handle to “venting” to release the pressure. After pressure is released, remove the lid. The chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
5. Remove the chicken and cut the chicken into large pieces. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Add the chicken back into sauce and stir.
6. In a separate bowl, combine coleslaw mix with the dressing. Mix well.
7. To assemble sliders, place chicken on the bottom bun, top with coleslaw, a pickle slice and top bun.
8. TIP: Looking for a low carb alternative to bread? Try lettuce!