Chicken Pot Pie
Want to serve up a real American classic? Put homemade Chicken Pot Pie on the table, a complete meal with chicken, mixed vegetables, flavorful seasoning and a flaky pie crust. Bake until crust is golden brown and create a new family-favorite dinner.
6 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Thighs, diced into ½" pieces
5 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup chopped yellow onion
½ cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup half and half
1½ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 prepared pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat butter or margarine in 6-quart stockpot.
3. Add onion, celery and carrots. Sauté 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
4. Add flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Add chicken broth, half and half, salt, black pepper and chicken. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 165°F.
6. Pour chicken mixture into a lightly greased 8 X 11.5 X 2-inch (2 qt.) baking dish
7. Roll pie crust to fit the baking dish and top dish with it. Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
8. Bake in preheated 400°F oven 20 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.