Make it Mexican tonight by adding boneless, skinless chicken thighs, corn tortillas, spicy seasoning and shredded cheddar cheese in the mix. Smother it with a can of enchilada sauce, and enjoy with yellow rice on the side.
6 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Thigh Fillets
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon whole oregano
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
12 corn tortillas
1 (19-ounce) can enchilada sauce, divided
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
5 cups cooked yellow rice
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine the salt, black pepper, cumin, oregano, onion powder and chili powder in a small container and season chicken.
3. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat.
4. Add chicken to skillet placing crushed garlic around it. Brown chicken on both sides for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
5. Remove chicken from skillet and dice into ¼" dices.
6. Use 1 cup of enchilada sauce to brush both sides of each corn tortilla. Stack the tortillas on a plate.
7. Spread ½ cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 3-quart glass dish.
8. Fill corn tortilla with ¼ cup cooked, diced chicken thigh meat, roll it up and place seam side down in glass dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
9. Spread ¾ cup enchilada sauce over rolled tortillas and top with cheddar cheese.
10. Bake in preheated 400°F oven 20 minutes to heat through and to brown cheese.
11. Serve with sour cream and green onion slices on top and cooked yellow rice on the side.