Almond Crusted Chicken Fillets
The perfect lunch or dinner option with a great "crunch".
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets
1/4 cup whole milk
2 large eggs
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2/3 cup salted roasted almonds, finely chopped
3 teaspoons dry barbecue seasoning, divided
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Vegetable cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line a metal sheet pan with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Spray rack with vegetable spray.
3. In a small bowl, combine milk and eggs to make an egg wash. Set aside.
4. In a shallow pan, mix panko bread crumbs, chopped almonds and 1 teaspoon of dry barbecue seasoning. Set aside.
5. Place chicken fillets between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using either a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten fillets to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut each fillet in half at an angle. Season fillets with 2 teaspoon of dry barbecue seasoning.
6. To set up breading station, place flour and egg wash each in a shallow pan, next to panko breadcrumbs.
7. Dredge each fillet in flour, followed by egg wash and then into panko breadcrumbs, making sure the fillet is fully coated.
8. Place breaded fillets on rack. Spray fillets with vegetable spray.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.