Lemon Chicken Kabobs
Create a succulent chicken dish that feeds an entire family.
3 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, cut into 1" x 1.5" cubes
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tablespoons freshly chopped Italian leaf parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
1 yellow onion, cut into 1.5x2 in cubes
2 red bell peppers, cut into 1.5x2 in cubes
Oil for brushing grill grate
6 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
1. In a small bowl, mix lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, black pepper, salt, olive oil and garlic.
2. Place chicken cubes and lemon zest mixture in a re-sealable plastic bag. Coat chicken well with marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
3. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes. Drain.
4. Skewer 5 chicken cubes per skewer starting with chicken, alternating with a red bell pepper cube and an onion cube in between and ending with a chicken cube.
5. Heat grill to medium high heat. Brush grill grate with vegetable oil. Grill chicken kabobs 15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.