Balsamic Braised Chicken Thighs
This Mediterranean-inspired recipe is light yet flavorful.
8 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Thighs
1 teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
¼ cup kalamata olives, drained, coarsely chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can quartered artichokes, drained
Rosemary sprigs (optional)
1. Season chicken with garlic salt and black pepper.
2. Heat a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium heat.
3. Place chicken, skin side down in pan and brown for 4 minutes each side.
4. Remove chicken and set aside. Drain pan.
5. Over medium heat, add olive oil to pan. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, honey, Italian seasoning, olives and artichokes. Stir and bring to a simmer.
7. Add chicken to vegetables. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180°F or until the juices run clear.
8. To serve, place chicken on a serving platter and ladle vegetables over chicken.
9. TIP: Looking for an Insta-worthy meal? Turn your plate up a notch by adding a sprig of rosemary to your final, plated dish.