Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
Sanderson Farms Balsamic Chicken and Veggies serves 4-6 people and is ready in under 45 minutes. Using a baking sheet and parchment paper for easy clean-up, this recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner. Making this recipe for one? No problem. This sweet and delicious recipe is perfect for meal prep, too.
1 Package Sanderson Farms® Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Chunks OR 2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets (sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets and diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces)
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 small (7 ounces) zucchini, stemmed, diced into 1/2-inch thick half moons
1 small (7 ounces) yellow squash, stemmed, diced into 1/2-inch thick half moons
1 orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 (10 ounces) broccoli crown cut into small florets
1/2 medium red onion, diced into chunks
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment.
3. In a bowl (or liquid measuring cup), whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey and garlic.
4. Place zucchini, squash, broccoli, bell pepper and red onion on the sheet pan. Top with chicken. Pour balsamic mixture over chicken and vegetables and toss.
5. Roast for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, add tomatoes (or if you don't want them cooked and softened just wait until the end to add them in fresh), sprinkle with Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Toss to coat. Spread into an even layer while working to keep chicken pieces from overlapping.
7. Return to oven and roast about 6 to 10 minutes longer or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Serve immediately.
8. TIP: Do you find that you are always tearing up when cutting your onions? Try freezing the onion for 30 minutes before you chop it. The tears are gone!