Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
Sanderson Farms Balsamic Chicken and Veggies serves 4-6 people and is ready in under 45 minutes. Using a baking sheet and parchment paper for easy clean-up, this recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner. Making this recipe for one? No problem. This sweet and delicious recipe is perfect for meal prep, too.
- 1 Package Sanderson Farms® Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Chunks OR 2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets (sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets and diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 small (7 ounces) zucchini, stemmed, diced into 1/2-inch thick half moons
- 1 small (7 ounces) yellow squash, stemmed, diced into 1/2-inch thick half moons
- 1 (10 ounces) broccoli crown cut into small florets
- 1 orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment..
- In a bowl (or liquid measuring cup), whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey and garlic.
- Place zucchini, squash, broccoli, bell pepper and red onion on the sheet pan. Top with chicken. Pour balsamic mixture over chicken and vegetables and toss.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add tomatoes (or if you don't want them cooked and softened just wait until the end to add them in fresh), sprinkle with Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Toss to coat. Spread into an even layer while working to keep chicken pieces from overlapping.
- Return to oven and roast about 6 to 10 minutes longer or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Serve immediately.
TIP: Do you find that you are always tearing up when cutting your onions? Try freezing the onion for 30 minutes before you chop it. The tears are gone!