Tuscan Chicken and Pasta
Craving chicken and a hearty pasta dish tonight? Start this flavorful recipe by lightly browning your chicken with a smidge of olive oil and then add in fresh vegetable and fettuccine. Mix it up with a variety of pastas for something new every meal.
3 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create six chicken breast fillets
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 Tablespoons butter, divided
6 ounces fresh French green beans, sliced in half
½ teaspoon salt, divided
1 small red bell pepper, sliced into ½" slices
6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine pasta, cooked and drained
1 Tablespoon flour
⅔ cup chicken broth
1. Season chicken with garlic, Italian seasoning and seasoned salt.
2. Heat 2 Tablespoons oil and 1 Tablespoon butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
3. Add chicken to skillet in two batches and cook 5 to 10 minutes each batch or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Turn chicken halfway through. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
4. Add remaining Tablespoon olive oil to skillet. Add green beans and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add red bell pepper, mushrooms, green onions and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 4 minutes.
6. Remove vegetables from skillet and add to hot fettuccine.
7. Stir flour and remaining Tablespoon butter into skillet drippings. Cook 1 minute.
8. Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook 30 seconds.
9. Pour hot chicken broth over fettuccine with vegetables. Add any chicken juices accumulated from cooked chicken.
10. Toss well. Serve pasta with vegetables on a platter and top with cooked chicken breast fillets.