Creamy Chicken Pasta
Bring the taste of Italy into your home with this easy dish. Just mix our chicken breasts with linguine and add some Italian flare to create a hearty meal the whole family will enjoy.
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, cut crosswise at an angle, 1/4-inch thick
8 ounces dry linguine
6 Slices of bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup whole milk
8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup frozen green peas
1. Cook pasta in an 8-quart stockpot according to package directions omitting the salt.
2. Cook bacon in a 5 quart sauce pot over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
3. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
4. Add chicken to bacon drippings and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
5. Add chicken broth, milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and peas. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until cream cheese has completely melted.
6. Combine the cooked linguine with the chicken.
7. Stir and serve.