Tuscan-Style Chicken Soup
A European spin on traditional chicken soup, this 35-minute recipe gets its rich flavor from Italian seasoning, Italian veggies and red kidney beans. Freeze any leftovers for when you need a hearty soup on a cold day.
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets and diced into bite sized pieces
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (12-ounce) bag Italian frozen vegetables
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
½ cup uncooked ditalini pasta
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 (15.5-ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1. Heat oil in a 5-quart stockpot over high heat.
2. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
3. Add chicken to stockpot and cook 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
4. Add vegetables, broth, tomatoes, pasta, Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper. Simmer soup, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. Add beans. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
6. Ladle soup into bowls and serve.