Tuscan-Style Chicken Soup
A European spin on traditional chicken soup, this 35-minute recipe gets its rich flavor from Italian seasoning, Italian veggies and red kidney beans. Freeze any leftovers for when you need a hearty soup on a cold day.
- 2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets and diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) bag Italian frozen vegetables
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup uncooked ditalini pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a 5-quart stockpot over high heat.
- Season chicken with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Add chicken to stockpot and cook 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Add vegetables, broth, tomatoes, pasta, Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper. Simmer soup, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add beans. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve.