Chicken and Veggie Fajitas
Using a baking sheet and parchment paper for easy cleanup, this recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner. Making this recipe for one? No problem. This spicy, Mexican inspired recipe is great for meal prep, too!
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets and cut into strips, 1/4-inch x 1 to 1 1/2-inches long
1 large onion, sliced 1/4” X 1.5”
2 large bell peppers, sliced 1/4” X 1.5”
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Chopped cilantro (optional)
1 lime (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment for easy clean up.
3. Place chicken, onions, and peppers in an extra large mixing bowl. Drizzle on olive oil and add salt, black pepper, paprika, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
4. Spread the chicken and pepper mixture evenly on the sheet pan and place in oven.
5. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes (tossing halfway through) or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and vegetables are tender. If desired, place under broiler for a quick minute to brown.
6. Remove from oven and if desired, sprinkle cilantro over everything and give it a big squeeze of fresh lime juice.
7. TIP: Who says chicken fajitas have to be served in tortillas? Trick your family into thinking you made three different meals by preparing this recipe three different ways.
- Serve with rice, beans and avocado in a bowl.
- Start with a base of lettuce, add tomato, cucumber and avocado for a festive salad.
- Grab your favorite kind of tortillas (hard shell or soft) and sprinkle with cotija cheese for taco night.