Chicken Pasta Salad
Need a pasta salad recipe for a party or a small gathering? This easy-to-make Chicken Pasta Salad infuses the flavors of broccoli, mushrooms, red bell peppers and black olives with a gentle mayonnaise mix. Make it the night before and serve chilled.
3 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create six chicken breast fillets
6 Tablespoons extra light olive oil for sautéing
6 Tablespoons lemon juice
1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 Tablespoons extra light olive oil for sautéing
12-ounces tri-color rotini pasta, cooked and drained
3 cups bite-size fresh broccoli florets
1½ cups mushrooms, sliced
1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 (3.8-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1½ cups mayonnaise
2/3 cup extra light olive oil
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons salt
1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Mix 6 Tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and ½ teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl.
2. Place chicken breast fillets in a sealable plastic bag. Pour olive oil mixture in bag with chicken. Mix well and seal. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Heat 3 Tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat.
4. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade.
5. Add chicken to skillet and cook 5 minutes. Lower temperature to medium heat, turn chicken over and cook 5 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet and dice into ½" pieces.
6. Combine the cooked chicken, pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, red bell peppers and black olives in a large bowl.
7. Whisk the mayonnaise, ⅔ cup olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, 1½ teaspoons black pepper and paprika in a bowl.
8. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the chicken pasta salad and toss to coat.
9. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Can be made a day ahead. *Refrigerate 3 Hours