Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Sanderson Farms Mini Chicken Pot Pies serves 4 people and takes less than 45 minutes to prepare. These kid-sized chicken pot pies are great for breakfast, lunch or on-the-go! Enjoy this fun way to get your kids to eat more vegetables while also getting them in the kitchen.
- 1 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets , diced into ½-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1½ (14.1 ounce) packages of refrigerated pie crusts
- Vegetable spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin with vegetable spray.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper and coat with flour.
- Mix a small amount of chicken broth with the corn starch in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and any remaining flour. Brown 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, milk, broth and corn starch mixture and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then, lower heat to a simmer and continue to cook, covered, 8 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While chicken filling is simmering, unroll pie crusts and cut out 8 (4½-inch) pastry rounds and 8 (3-inch) pastry rounds. Pierce the 3-inch rounds with a fork to let the steam escape during cooking.
- Line the 4½-inch rounds on the bottom and sides of the muffin tin. Add the chicken filling and top with the 3-inch pastry rounds, sealing the edges.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.