Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Sanderson Farms Mini Chicken Pot Pies serves 4 people and takes less than 45 minutes to prepare. These kid-sized chicken pot pies are great for breakfast, lunch or on-the-go! Enjoy this fun way to get your kids to eat more vegetables while also getting them in the kitchen.
1 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets , diced into ½ -inch pieces
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 ⅔ cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup milk
1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 ½ (14.1 ounce) packages of refrigerated pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin with vegetable spray.
2. Season chicken with salt and black pepper and coat with flour.
3. Mix a small amount of chicken broth with the corn starch in a small bowl.
4. Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and any remaining flour. Brown 5 minutes.
5. Stir in chicken broth, milk, broth and corn starch mixture and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then, lower heat to a simmer and continue to cook, covered, 8 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
6. While chicken filling is simmering, unroll pie crusts and cut out 8 (4 1/2-inch) pastry rounds and 8 (3-inch) pastry rounds. Pierce the 3-inch rounds with a fork to let the steam escape during cooking.
7. Line the 4 1/2-inch rounds on the bottom and sides of the muffin tin. Add the chicken filling and top with the 3-inch pastry rounds, sealing the edges.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.