Grilled Chicken and Hummus Pitas
Great combination of Mediterranean flavors: marinated chicken breast with zesty lemon combined with creamy hummus, tangy yogurt and crisp fresh cucumbers and tomatoes.
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets
4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 whole wheat pita halves
6 Tablespoons prepared hummus, divided
2 cups chopped fresh tomato
2 cups chopped cucumber
12 Tablespoons plain low fat yogurt, divided
1. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and black pepper in a small bowl.
2. Place chicken breast fillets in a small sealable plastic bag. Pour olive oil mixture in bag with chicken. Mix well and seal. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Brush grill grate with oil.
4. Preheat grill for 10 minutes.
5. Grill chicken on one side for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and grill for 5 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
6. Dice cooked chicken into ½" dices.
7. To assemble each chicken pita: spread 1 Tablespoon hummus inside pita bread spoon 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped tomato, chopped cucumbers top with 2 Tablespoons yogurt