Grilled Chicken and Chorizo Skewers
Chorizo sausage adds a flavorful twist to traditional grilled chicken skewers. Assemble skewers with alternating ingredients – chicken, chorizo, bell peppers and onions – then just fire up the grill. Cumin aioli makes the perfect dipping sauce.
3 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon plus 1 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 to 1½" pieces
2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 to 1½" pieces
2 Vidalia onions, cut into 1 to 1½" wide slices
1 pound chorizo sausage, cut into 1" slices
8 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
Chopped parsley (optional)
Ingredients for Cumin Aioli
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
1 Tablespoon ground cumin powder (or to taste)
1. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes prior to assembling skewers.
2. Heat grill.
3. In a small bowl, mix chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
4. In a medium bowl, mix red and yellow bell peppers and onions with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
5. Assemble the skewers alternating ingredients.
6. Brush grill grates with vegetable oil. Grill chicken skewers on medium heat for 15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
7. Serve with cumin aioli.
8. Sprinkle parsley to garnish.
Directions for Cumin Aioli
1. Mix all ingredients together and chill at least 30 minutes to let flavors develop.