Fajita Chicken Tacos With Tomato-Jalapeno Salsa
Switch up your tailgate routine with these chicken fajita tacos. No utensils needed.
Ingredients for Marinade:
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons cumin powder
2 teaspoons chipotle powder
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Ingredients for Tomato-Jalapeno Salsa:
2 large ripe tomatoes
4 jalapeno peppers
5 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons salt
Ingredients for Tacos:
1 cup raw onion, diced
1/3 cup cilantro, rough chopped
4 fresh limes, cut into quarters
12-6-inch fresh corn tortillas
1. In a mixing bowl, add orange juice, lime juice, pineapple juice, light soy sauce, canola oil, garlic, cumin, chipotle powder, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix well. Place chicken breasts in a sealable plastic bag and add marinade. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before grilling.
2. In a medium saucepot, place whole tomatoes, whole jalapenos and garlic. Cover with water, bring to a boil, slow to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from water, remove core from tomato, stems from jalapenos and garlic, transfer to a blender and pulse until smooth. Season and reserve at room temperature.
3. Remove chicken breasts from marinade, grill chicken on one side for approximately 5 to 6 minutes, turn over and repeat. Chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
4. In a Teflon sauté pan, heat corn tortillas on both sides for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
5. Place tortillas on a platter, lay chicken strips on tortillas, add 2 tablespoons of salsa to each taco, garnish with raw onion and cilantro. Squeeze a quarter of a lime on top of each taco.