Fajita Chicken Tacos With Tomato-Jalapeno Salsa
Switch up your tailgate routine with these chicken fajita tacos. No utensils needed.
- 6 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- Ingredients for Marinade:
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Ingredients for Tomato-Jalapeno Salsa:
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Ingredients for Tacos:
- 1 cup raw onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 4 fresh limes, cut into quarters
- 12-6-inch fresh corn tortillas
- In a mixing bowl, add orange juice, lime juice, pineapple juice, light soy sauce, canola oil, garlic, cumin, chipotle powder, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix well. Place chicken breasts in a sealable plastic bag and add marinade. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before grilling.
- In a medium saucepot, place whole tomatoes, whole jalapenos and garlic. Cover with water, bring to a boil, slow to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from water, remove core from tomato, stems from jalapenos and garlic, transfer to a blender and pulse until smooth. Season and reserve at room temperature.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade, grill chicken on one side for approximately 5 to 6 minutes, turn over and repeat. Chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- In a Teflon sauté pan, heat corn tortillas on both sides for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- Place tortillas on a platter, lay chicken strips on tortillas, add 2 tablespoons of salsa to each taco, garnish with raw onion and cilantro. Squeeze a quarter of a lime on top of each taco.