Italian cuisine in 40 minutes? Sure. Chicken Piccata is a simple combination of chicken breasts dredged in flour, browned and served with a savory sauce of lemon juice, capers and chicken broth. Serve with roasted seasonal vegetables for a complete meal.
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
5 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/8 cup brined capers, rinsed
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
8 ounces dry linguine pasta, cooked
1. Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
2. Heat 5 Tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in 12-inch skillet.
3. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook 3 more minutes to brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
4. Add the lemon juice, chicken broth and capers. Bring to a boil.
5. Return chicken to skillet. Simmer 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
6. Remove chicken from skillet. Whisk butter in lemon juice mixture.
7. Pour lemon juice sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
8. Serve over cooked pasta.