Chicken Liver Pâté
Serve up a delicious French spread with this surprisingly simple chicken liver pâté recipe. Spread pâté into a ramekin and serve with melba rounds for the perfect hors d’oeuvres.
1 pound Sanderson Farms® Chicken Livers
1 cup milk
8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/3 cup minced shallots
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1¼ teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
3 Tablespoons dry sherry
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
pinch of ground red pepper
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
24 melba rounds
1. Trim fat from the chicken livers and soak livers in milk for one hour. Remove the livers from the milk and pat dry.
2. Heat 4 Tablespoons of butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Let the butter brown for about 3 minutes.
3. Add shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add livers, leaving space around them for even cooking. Add salt. Turn heat to medium-high and cook 2 minutes on each side.
4. After livers have cooked, add garlic, thyme and anchovy paste. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Add sherry. Cook 2 minutes. Turn heat off and allow to cool.
6. Add liver mixture into a food processor. Add black pepper, red pepper, whipping cream and the remaining 4 Tablespoons of butter. Pulse to combine.
7. Spread pâté into a 12-ounce bowl or ramekin, cover and refrigerate for one hour.
8. Serve with melba rounds.