A savory custard with chicken, cheese and vegetables. This dish originated in France, and can be served as an appetizer or a main course.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 cup frozen onion, celery and bell pepper mix
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
6 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat.
3. Add tenders and cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove and cut into small pieces and set aside.
4. Add vegetable mixture and chopped garlic to skillet. Cook 3 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, green onions, chicken and vegetable mixture.
6. Pour into a greased 9-inch glass pie pan.
7. Bake in oven for 30 minutes until firm or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
8. Slice into portions and serve.