Salted Butter Roasted Chicken
What is better than chicken ramen? How about taking what makes that ramen so great and using it to amplify the savory flavor of a roast chicken. All of the butter is going to render out of the bird as it cooks, so make sure to baste at regular intervals to ensure that you get maximum flavor out of this recipe.
1 tbsp chicken ramen seasoning packets (3 packs)
3 sticks butter, salted
½ tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Allow chicken to rest at room temperature 1 hour prior to roasting. Salt and Pepper the surface to taste.
3. Roast chicken at 300F for 1 hour, basting every 30 minutes with the pan drippings.
4. Increase heat to 400F and roast an additional 30–45 minutes. Baste as necessary. Chicken is done when the internal temperature is > 165F for breast meat and > 175F for leg meat.
5. Allow fully cooked chicken to rest for 10-15 minutes and then carve. Baste the carved chicken generously with the pan drippings and serve.
FOR CHICKEN SALTED BUTTER
1. Allow butter to soften at room temperature.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and whip until combined.
3. While butter is still soft, separate the skin from the chicken carefully so as to keep all skin intact. This will create a pocket for the butter to either be stuffed or piped using a piping bag. Truss the chicken and season surface with salt and pepper. Allow to rest overnight uncovered until ready to roast.