Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu
Craving French flavor for dinner? Chicken Cordon Bleu is easy to make. Simply roll a slice of ham with a slice of Swiss cheese, stuff into a chicken breast, lightly season and cook. It’s that easy.
TIP: Add cooked bacon for even more flavor.
3 slices Swiss cheese
3 thin ham slices
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Place one slice of cheese over one slice of ham and roll. Repeat with the remaining slices.
3. Cut a 4-inch long pocket into the breast meat.
4. Stuff a ham and cheese roll into pocket. Place skin over pocket.
5. Repeat the stuffing process with the other two chicken breasts.
6. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
7. Lightly dust chicken with flour.
8. Heat vegetable oil in a 12-inch oven-proof skillet.
9. Place chicken in skillet, skin side down, and brown 2 minutes over medium heat.
10. Turn chicken over and brown an additional 2 minutes.
11. Turn heat off, cover skillet and place in preheated 425°F oven 50 minutes, or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 190°F.