Baked Chicken Cacciatore
A delicious blend of flavor and nutrition your family will love.
3 bone-in thighs
3 split breasts with ribs
½ tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
¼ cup sherry cooking wine
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
⅓ cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 pound of pasta, cooked and drained
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine salt, black pepper and thyme.
3. Sprinkle half the seasoning mixture over chicken.
4. Mix sherry and corn starch in a small bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, bay leaf and the remaining seasoning blend.
5. Pour sauce mixture into greased large baking dish (4-quart).
6. Place seasoned chicken over sauce.
7. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 375°F oven 1 hour and 10 minutes or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 190°F.
8. Serve with cooked pasta.