Fun Shaped Chicken Noodle Soup
Sanderson Farms Fun Shaped Chicken Noodle Soup serves 8 and is a creative spin on a classic dish! Packed with fresh vegetables, chicken and noodles this recipe will leave you full and energized. Isn't it great when something can best this delicious AND healthy?
- 1 Sanderson Farms® Whole Frying Chicken , giblets and other parts removed
- 4½ quarts water
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken, water, garlic, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, whole black peppercorns and large pieces of carrots, onions and celery in a 6-quart stockpot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, skimming surface foam occasionally.
- Remove chicken from broth. Set aside.
- Line a fine sieve with dampened cheesecloth. Strain broth through lined sieve. Remove any excess fat from top of broth with spoon. Set broth aside.
- Pull chicken meat from bones into bite size pieces. Discard skin and bones. Set chicken pieces aside.
- In a clean stockpot, add oil and heat over medium heat. Add diced celery and diced carrots. Cook 10 minutes.
- Boil lasagna noodles for 8 minutes or until all dente.
- Strain noodles and using a cookie cutter shape of your choice, cut out noodles. Set noodles aside.
- Add reserved chicken broth and 2 teaspoons salt and ground pepper, or more to taste to your stock pot. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and parsley and noodles. Cook 5 minutes.