Need an easy, flavorful meal for everyone? Turn ordinary chicken into a garlic and thyme chicken recipe that’s perfect anytime of day. Goes great with traditional or garlic-roasted potatoes.
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
30 peeled garlic cloves
1½ cups white wine
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
Mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles (optional)
1. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
2. Heat butter and vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat.
3. Brown chicken in two batches, 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
4. Add garlic to skillet. Sauté 5 minutes.
5. Add wine. Cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add chicken. Sprinkle with thyme. Cook chicken, covered, over low heat for 40 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180°F or until the juices from the chicken run clear. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
7. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with ½ cup of sauce. Gently stir the flour mixture back into the sauce.
8. Add cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
9. Serve chicken over cooked mashed potatoes or egg noodles and top with sauce.