Garlic Roasted Chicken
A delicious blend of flavor and nutrition your family will love.
1 Sanderson Farms® Whole Frying Chicken, quartered, use only breasts/wings and thighs/legs, giblets and other parts removed
5 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
roasted sweet potato wedges
Ingredients for Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
2 large (about 2.5 lbs.) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges (about 6 wedges per potato)
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Smash garlic on a cutting board. Add salt, chop together and mash with the side of your knife to create a paste.
2. Mix in the oregano and the black pepper.
3. Loosen the chicken skin gently with your fingers and rub the garlic mixture on the chicken meat.
4. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, lime juice, cumin, paprika and vegetable oil.
5. Place chicken in a large shallow pan. Pour soy sauce mixture over chicken, coating all sides well. Turn chicken to skin side down. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, turning chicken a few times.
6. Preheat oven to 425°F.
7. Remove chicken from marinade and place on an oiled rack on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Pour marinade over chicken.
8. Bake in preheated 425°F oven 30 minutes.
9. Turn chicken skin side down and continue baking 30 minutes or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 190°F.
10. Serve with roasted sweet potato wedges.
Directions for Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
1. Rub the olive oil, salt and ground black pepper on the sweet potatoes.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
3. Bake in preheated 425°F oven 50 to 60 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and slightly browned.