Grilled Barbecue Chicken Tenders
Fire up the barbecue and try your hand at Grilled Barbecue Chicken Tenders. Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes and prepare a sweet and savory sauce on the side. Use store-bought barbecue sauce, and by adding a few extra ingredients, it will enhance the flavor.
18 – 10-inch wooden skewers
1¼ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
oil for brushing grill grate
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Drain water.
2. Mix Worcestershire sauce, Dijon-style mustard, lemon pepper, barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup in a small container. Set aside.
3. Brush grill grate with oil.
4. Preheat grill for 10 minutes.
5. Thread one chicken tender on a skewer. Repeat with the remaining chicken tenders.
6. Grill chicken tenders for 15 minutes, turning every 3 minutes and brushing with barbecue sauce mixture at every turn. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.