Chicken with Linguine and Kale
Paring chicken tenders, pasta and kale, you’ll have a dish sure to please the whole family. With a recipe that’s hearty, delicious, and easy to make, this one’s a sure-fire weeknight staple.
8 ounces dry linguine pasta, broken in half
1 cup of reserved pasta water
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 cups ¼-inch sliced leek halves (white and light green parts only)
4 cups kale, chopped
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
1. In a 5-quart Dutch oven, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Cook pasta for 9 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain cooked pasta and set aside.
2. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
3. In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add chicken and sauté for 8 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to skillet. Heat to medium-high. Add leeks, stir and cook for 3 minutes. Add kale, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet, reserved pasta water and Dijon mustard. stirring occasionally. When it begins to boil, stir in the pasta and cooked chicken. Cook for 3 minutes.
6. Top with chopped tarragon and serve.