Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
Classic southern chicken tenders are always better when made at home. This recipe is a great use of everyday ingredients and is simple to make.
14 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Tenders, cut in half diagonally
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
3 cups flour
2 tablespoons seasoning salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups vegetable oil
¼ cup honey
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (if desired)
1. Mix the buttermilk and 1 teaspoon seasoning salt in a bowl.
2. Place chicken and buttermilk in a sealable plastic bag and toss tenders to coat.
3. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, remaining seasoning salt, and black pepper.
5. In a 12” x 2” deep skillet, heat vegetable oil to 350°F.
6. Coat chicken with flour mixture.
7. Fry chicken tenders in three batches for 2 minutes on each side. The tenders should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
8. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
To Prepare with an Air Fryer
1. Heat Air Fryer to 375°F.
2. Substitute 1 cup of flour with 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
3. After coating the buttermilk marinated chicken with the flour/bread crumb mixture, place in the air fryer basket without overlapping and spray each chicken tender with vegetable spray.
4. Cook for 4 minutes, flip the chicken and spray the other side with vegetable oil. Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
5. Continue to cook the chicken in batches. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce Directions
6. Mix together with a whisk: 1/4 cup honey 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1/4 cup Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (if desired)