Grilled Chicken and Peach Kabobs
Low on calories and high on flavor, grilled chicken and peach kabobs are sure to create smiles around the table. Thread chicken, zucchini rounds, mushrooms and peach slices on skewers, marinate (30 minutes or overnight) and then simply fire up the grill.
6 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
1/4 cup coarse grainy mustard
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon orange zest
1/4 cup olive oil
1 zucchini, cut into ½" half moons
3 ripe peaches, sliced into 18 slices (may use frozen if fresh not available)
18 cremini mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
1. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes. Drain water.
2. Cut chicken into 1" dices.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper and zest. Slowly whisk in olive oil to combine.
4. Thread chicken, zucchini, peach slices and mushrooms onto skewers, alternating ingredients three times and ending with a fourth piece of chicken. Be sure to leave enough space at bottom of skewer to hold and turn.
5. Place skewers in a single layer on a sheet pan or baking dish and pour marinade over, turning skewers to distribute marinade. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate. Marinate, turning skewers occasionally, for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
6. Heat grill on medium heat. Place skewers on grill and cook, turning, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Serve over rice.