Healthy Chicken Piccata
A great dish to serve at a dinner party. Easy preparation, quick and healthy.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tablespoons brined capers, rinsed
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
8 ounces dry whole wheat pasta, cooked
1. Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess. Reserve 1 Tablespoon of flour and mix with cornstarch.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat in 12-inch non-stick skillet.
3. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook 3 more minutes to brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
4. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, capers and the flour and cornstarch mixture to the skillet. Stir with a whisk and bring to a boil.
5. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
6. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta and garnish with parsley.