Turn the ordinary chicken sandwich into a zesty Italian panini. Start with thinly sliced breast fillets and assemble with mozzarella cheese, bacon, avocado, tomato and spring mix. Toast sandwich with spatula – a quick and easy meal the whole family will love.
2 Sanderson Farms® Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast Fillets, cut in half to create four pieces
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
8 French bread slices or the bread of your preference
4 mozzarella cheese slices
4 fully cooked bacon slices, each cut in half
8 avocado slices
4 tomato slices
1 cup Baby Spring mix
1. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat.
2. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
3. Add chicken to skillet. Cook 5 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking cycle, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Wipe skillet.
4. Spread 1/2 Tablespoon mayonnaise on cut sides of the bottom bread slices.
5. To assemble chicken panini, layer the following on each bottom slice of bread:1 cooked piece of chicken, 1 slice cheese, 2 half slices of bacon, 2 avocado slices, 1 tomato slice, 1/4 cup spring mix, 1 bread top
6. Heat skillet over medium heat. Place chicken panini top side down on heated skillet to toast pressing down with spatula. Turn panini bottom side down and continue toasting and pressing down with spatula. Chicken panini can also be toasted using a panini press.
7. Serve warm.