Italian Herb Chicken Braciole
You can’t beat these pesto parmesan cream cheese-stuffed chicken breast filets. Simply serve over hearty marinara and enjoy.
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
½ cup pesto
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups marinara sauce
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. To make the filling, combine the cream cheese, pesto, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Portion into 8 servings, about 2 Tablespoons each.
3. On a clean work surface, place one chicken breast fillet between two pieces of waxed paper and flatten using a meat mallet. Flatten until they are even, about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with remaining fillets.
4. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
5. Place chicken on cutting board. Spread filling in the center of fillet to within ½-inch of the edge.
6. Beginning at the wide end of the fillet, roll into a spiral. Secure with toothpicks.
7. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes per side for a total of 6 minutes.
8. Pour marinara sauce into a 9x13 baking dish. Place chicken in pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
9. Remove toothpicks before serving.
10. TIP: Want to feel like you’re at a five-star restaurant? Use a vegetable peeler to create beautiful Parmesan curls to top off your next meal.