One Pot Chicken
This hearty dish is perfect for the whole family and full of flavor.
- 6 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Thighs
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen diced onions, carrots and celery blend
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1(15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 large red potatoes, ½” diced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut in half
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Add olive oil to a 5-quart Dutch oven. Heat to medium-high and place chicken in the pot. Brown for 6 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a dish and set aside.
- Add onions, carrots and celery to the pot. On medium-high heat, cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, chicken broth, crushed tomatoes and diced potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add chicken thighs and rosemary sprigs to sauce. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180°F. Remove rosemary sprigs before serving.