French Bistro-Style Chicken
Tender roasted chicken gets fantastically seasoned with saffron, fennel, rosemary and a white wine sauce. Serve with roasted potatoes and vegetables. Bon apetit!
4 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Thighs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
2 Tablespoons olive oil
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
1 (15-ounce) can tomato purée
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup white cooking wine
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Season chicken with salt, black pepper and rosemary.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Heat oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven.
4. Brown chicken in batches, about 7 minutes per batch.
5. Remove chicken. Set aside.
6. To Dutch oven, add garlic, saffron, fennel seeds, tomato purée, chicken broth, cooking wine, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
7. Cover and simmer on medium low 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Purée the sauce using a food processor or an immersion blender.
9. Combine chicken and sauce in Dutch oven covering chicken with sauce.
10. Cover and bake 55 to 60 minutes or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 185°F.