Pan-Fried Chicken Breasts and Vegetables
Looking for a tasty chicken dish for the whole family? This traditional pan-fried recipe starts with chicken, eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes and doesn’t stop ‘til you’ve savored the last bite.
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four fillets
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons olive oil for sautéing
1 large onion, sliced
1 eggplant (about 1 pound) cut into cubes and placed in water
2 small zucchini, cut into ½-inch thick half moons
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
1/2 cup white wine
3 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Dredge in flour.
3. In a 12-inch pan with 3-inch sides, heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown for 2 ½ minutes on each side. Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add onion, drained eggplant and zucchini to the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute. Add tomatoes, wine, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Place chicken on top of the vegetables, cover and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
6. To serve, place a small amount of vegetables on a plate, top with chicken and top chicken with additional vegetables.