Roast Chicken with Garlic and Lime
Full of flavor - garlic and lime are a perfect combination. It's great for a dinner party, and worth the wait!
1 Sanderson Farms® Whole Frying Chicken, remove giblets
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tablespoons Kosher salt
9 medium garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
1½ Tablespoons ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons ground cumin
1½ Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
1½ teaspoons dried oregano
1 Tablespoon lime zest
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
2¼ teaspoons minced Serrano chiles
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon minced yellow onion
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1. Process all marinade ingredients in food processor for 10 to 20 seconds.
2. Using fingers or handle of wooden spoon, gently loosen skin from chicken, being careful not to tear it. Rub half of the marinade beneath skin of chicken. Rub entire exterior surface of chicken with remaining marinade. Tuck wingtips underneath chicken and tie the legs.
3. Place chicken in gallon-size sealable plastic bag and refrigerate 6 to 24 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove chicken from refrigerator 10 minutes prior to cooking. Place chicken in roasting pan and pour marinade from the plastic bag over it. Roast chicken for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170°F in the thickest part of the breast meat, and 180°F in the thigh, or until all juices run clear.
5. While the chicken roasts, process all seasoned mayonnaise ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. Place in a serving bowl and set aside.
6. When chicken is done, remove it from roasting pan and let it rest 10 minutes.
7. Scrape the pan drippings from roasting pan into a measuring cup or fat separator, pour fat off, pour the juices back in with the pan drippings, and strain into a bowl. Set aside.
8. Carve chicken, ladle pan juices over carved chicken pieces and serve with the seasoned mayonnaise.