Spatchcocked Roasted Whole Chicken With Hot Honey
A spatchcocked chicken is an easy way to lessen the cook time of a whole bird. Give the bird a little time to air dry in the refrigerator after removing it from its packaging for an even crispier skin. You'll be glazing with honey which will result in crispy goodness either way!
SPATCHCOCKED ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons black pepper, cracked
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon soy sauce
½ cup Hot Honey (below), reserved
"MAKE YOUR OWN" HOT HONEY INGREDIENTS
16 oz honey
1 tablespoon of ground red pepper
2 each Thai, Birds Eye, or Red Jalapenos, deseeded and chopped
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
SPATCHCOCKED ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN DIRECTIONS
1. Remove the back from the fryer using poultry shears then press hard to crack the wishbone so the fryer lays flat.
2. Pat the fryer dry with paper towels and allow to air dry refrigerated for 1-2 hours if you have the time. If not proceed with the next step.
3. Mix the salt, pepper and garlic powder together then apply liberally over the surface of the fryer's skin side.
4. Combine the soy sauce and hot honey and set aside.
5. Preheat an oven to 450°F and place the dry rubbed fryer on a greased sheet pan. Roast for 25 min.
6. Brush fryer with honey/soy sauce mixture, drop the oven temperature to 300°F and roast an additional 30-45 minutes or until >165°F internal temperature.
7. Allow fryer to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
"MAKE YOUR OWN" HOT HONEY DIRECTIONS
1. Combine all ingredients and allow to infuse overnight refrigerated.
2. Strain out the fresh peppers and hold refrigerated for up to a month.
REMAINING DISH DIRECTIONS
3. Brush chicken with hot honey and carve as you prefer.
4. Serve with reserved hot honey and side dishes of your choice!