Sticky Orange Glazed Chicken Wings
Our Asian-inspired baked wings are mouth-watering and perfect served as an appetizer or a main course.
12 Sanderson Farms® Whole Chicken Wings, cut into thirds at the joints, wing tips removed and saved for stock
1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
¾ cup orange juice
3 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon orange zest
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a small sauce pan, combine orange juice, tomato paste, honey, onion powder, garlic powder, orange zest, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn heat off and set aside.
3. Place wings in a bowl, season and toss with ½ teaspoon salt. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Coat the rack with vegetable spray.
4. Place wings on rack and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Brush wings with sauce, coating both sides.
6. Place back into the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 180°F or until the juices run clear.