Sweet and Tangy Chicken Wings
A cola beverage is an unlikely base for a tangy and tantalizing sauce that makes for unforgettable wings. Try these once and you may never go back to Buffalo!
16 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Wings
1 (8-ounce) can cola
1 (12-ounce) jar bottled chili sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1 clove garlic, crushed
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1. In small saucepan over medium heat, combine cola, chili sauce, orange juice, cumin, coriander and garlic. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
2. Preheat broiler and arrange rack about 4" from heat. Place wings on broiler or baking pan covered with aluminum foil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven and broil 6 minutes, turn and broil for another 6 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. Turn off broiler and heat oven to 400°F.
4. Brush sauce over wings, tossing until well-coated. Place tray with wings in oven and bake 35 minutes, or until wings are tender and register 190°F when tested with meat thermometer.
5. To serve, remove wings to platter and sprinkle with parsley.