Sweet Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
Sweet honey, lemon zest, savory rosemary, onion and garlic give this dish extra flavors and irresistible aromas. It’s the perfect meal solution for any occasion.
8 cups cold water
1½ Tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
1½ teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1. To prepare brine, in a large plastic food safe container, dissolve salt in water. Place chicken in brine and marinate in refrigerator for at least four hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Remove chicken from brine. Discard brine.
4. In a bowl, mix garlic salt, rosemary, onion powder, lemon zest and black pepper. In a separate bowl, combine the honey and olive oil. Set aside.
5. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Coat the rack with vegetable spray.
6. With a knife make two slits, about a ¼ inch deep, into the skin of each breast. Coat chicken with seasoning blend.
7. Place chicken skin side down on the rack. Roast for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven. Brush chicken with honey mixture. Turn chicken over, skin side up. Place pan back in oven for 20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and brush chicken with the honey oil mixture.
10. Cook for 10 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170°F or until the juices run clear.