Asian Chicken Salad
Serve up this Asian-inspired chicken salad in just 30 minutes. Simply cook chicken in skillet for 5 to 10 minutes, toss in spring mix salad and drizzle dressing on top – healthy and delicious when you’re short on time.
1 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillet, sliced in half horizontally to create two chicken breast fillets
5 cups spring mix lettuce
1 cup sliced red cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup finely diced red bell peppers
1/2 cup edamame
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
3 tablespoons lite Asian salad dressing
1. Toss spring mix salad, red cabbage, carrots, red bell peppers, edamame and almonds in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
2. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
3. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook 5 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet and slice into ½" slices.
4. Add oranges and cooked chicken slices to salad.
5. Drizzle dressing over salad. Toss and serve.